1. Bosch, JL., Weiss, JP. The prevalence and causes of nocturia.J Urol, 2010, 184, 2, p. 440–446.
2. Brieger, GM., Yip, SK., Hin, LY., Chung, TK. The prevalence of urinary dysfunction in Hong Kong Chinese women. Obstet Gynecol, 1996, 88, 6, p. 1041–1044.
3. Britton, JP., Dowell, AC., Whelan, P. Prevalence of urinary symptoms in men aged over 60. Br J Urol, 1990, 66, 2, p. 175–176.
4. Chang, YL.. Lin, AT., Chen, KK. Short-term effects of desmopressin on water and electrolyte excretion in adults with nocturnal polyuria. J Urol, 2007, 177, 6, p. 2227–2229.
5. Choo, MS., Ku, JH., Park, CH., et al. Prevalence of nocturia in a Korean population aged 40 to 89 years. Neurourol Urodyn, 2008, 27, 1, p. 60–64.
6. Chute, CG., Panser, LA., Girman, CJ., et al. The prevalence of prostatism: a population-based survey of urinary symptoms.J Urol, 1993, 150, 1, p. 85–89.
7. Coyne, KS., Zhou, Z., Bhattacharyya, SK., et al. The prevalence of nocturia and its effect on health-related quality of life and sleep in a community sample in the USA. BJU Int, 2003, 92, 9, p. 948–954.
8. Garraway, WM., Collins, GN., Lee, RJ. High prevalence of benign prostatic hypertrophy in the community. Lancet, 1991, 338, 8765, p. 469–471.
9. Häkkinen, JT., Hakama, M., Shiri, R., et al. Incidence of nocturia in 50 to 80-year-old Finnish men. J Urol, 2006, 176, 6, p. 2541–2545.
10. Haylen, BT., de Ridder, D., Freeman, RM., et al. An International Urogynecological Association (IUGA)/International Continence Society (ICS) joint report in the terminology for female pelvic floor dysfunction. Neurourol Urodyn, 2010, 29, 1, p. 4–20.
11. Herschorn, S., Gajewski, J., Schulz, J., Corcos, J. A population-based study of urinary symptoms and incontinence: the Canadian Urinary Bladder Survey. BJU Int, 2008, 101, 1, p. 52–58.
12. Herzog, AR., Fultz, NH. Prevalence and incidence of urinary incontinence in communit-dwelling populations. J Am Geriatr Soc, 1990, 38, 3, p. 273–281.
13. Homma, Y., Imajo, C., Takahashi, S., et al. Urinary symptoms and urodynamics in a normal elderly population. Scand J Urol Nephrol, 1994, 157, Suppl. 1, p. 27–30.
14. Hunskaar, S. Epidemiology of nocturia. BJU Int, 2005, 96, Suppl. 1, p. 4–7.
15. Irwin, DE., Milsom, I., Hunskar, S., et al. Population-based survey of urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, and other lower urinary tract symptoms in five countries: results of the EPIC study. Eur Urol, 2006, 50, 6, p. 1306–1315.
16. Johnson, TM., Sattin, RW., Parmelee, P., et al. Evaluating potentially modifiable risk factors for prevalent and incident nocturia in older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc, 2005, 53, 6, p. 1011–1016.
17. Kupelian, V., Fitzgerald, MP., Kaplan, SA., et al. Association of nocturia and mortality: results from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. J Urol, 2011, 185, 2, p. 571–517.
18. Malmsten, UG., Milsom, I., Molander, U., Norlen, LJ. Urinary incontinence and lower urinary tract symptoms: an epidemiological study of men aged 45 to 99 years. J Urol, 1997, 158, 5, p. 1733–1737.
19. McGrother, CW., Donaldson, MM., Shaw, C., et al. Storage symptoms of the bladder: prevalence, incidience and need for services in the UK. BJU Int, 2004, 93, 6, p. 763–769.
20. Moller, LA., Lose, G., Jorgensen, T. Incidence and remission rates of lower urinary tract symptoms a tone year in women aged 40–60: longitudinal study. BMJ, 2000, 320, 7247, p. 1429–1432.
21. Muscattello, DJ., Rissel, C., Szonyi, G. Urinary symptoms and incontinence in an urban community: prevalence and associated factors in older men and women. Intern Med J, 2001, 31, 3, p. 151–156.
22. Parsons, M., Tissot, W., Cardozo, L., et al. Normative bladder diary measurements: night versus day. Neurourol Urodyn, 2007, 26, 4, p. 465–473.
23. Pinnock, C., Marshall, VR. Troublesome lower urinary tract symptoms in the community: a prevalence study. Med J Aust, 1997, 167, 2, p. 72–75.
24. Rembratt, A. Norgaard, JP., Andersson, KE. Nocturia and associated morbidity in a community-dwelling elderly population. BJU Int, 2003, 92, 7, p. 726–730.
25. Sagnier, PP., MacFarlane, G., Richard, F., et al. Results of an epidemiological survey using a modified American Urological Association symptom index for benign prostatic hyperplasia in France. J Urol., 1994, 151, 5, p. 1266–1270.
26. Samuelsson, E., Victor, A., Tibblin, G. A popualtion study of urinary incontinence and nocturia among women aged 20–59 years. Prevalence, well-being and wish for treatment. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand, 1997, 76, 1, p. 74–80.
27. Schatzl, G., Temml, C., Schmidbauer, J., et al. Cross-sectional study of nocturia in both sexes: analysis of a voluntary health screening project. Urology, 2000, 56, 1, p. 71–75.
28. Sommer, P., Nielsen, KK., Bauer, T., et al. Voiding patterns in men evaluated by a questionnaire survey. Br J Urol, 1990, 65, 2, p. 155–160.
29. Tikkinen, KAO. Epidemiology of nocturia – results from the FINNO Study. Tampere: Tampere University Press, 2010, 342 p.
30. Tikkinen, KA., Tammela, TL., Huhtala, H., Auvinen, A. Is nocturia equally common among men and women? A population based study in Finland. J Urol, 2006, 175, 2, p. 596–600.
31. van Dijk, L., Kooij, DG., Schellevis, FG. Nocturia in the Dutch adult population. BJU Int, 2002, 90, 7, p. 644–648.
32. van Kerrebroeck, P., Abrams, P., Chaikin, D., et al. The standardisation of terminology in nocturia: report from the Standardisation Sub-committee of the International Continence Society. Neurourol Urodyn, 2002, 21, 2, p. 179–183.
33. van Kerrebroeck, P., Hashim, H., Holm-Larsen, T., et al. Thinking beyond the bladder: antidiuretic treatment of nocturia. Int J Clin Pract, 2010, 64, 6, p. 807–816.
34. Viktrup, L. The risk of lower urinary tract symptoms five years after the first delivery. Neurourol Urodyn, 2002, 21, 1, p. 2–29.
35. Weber, AM., Abrams, P., Brubaker, L., et al. The standardisation of terminology for researchers in female pelvic floor disorders. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct, 2001, 12, 3, p. 178–186.
36. Yoshimura, K., Kamoto, T., Tsukamoto, T., et al. Seasonal alternations in nocturia and other storage symptoms in three Japanese communities. Urology, 2007, 69, 5, p. 864–870.
37. Yoshimura, K., Terada, N., Matsui, Y., et al. Prevalence of and risk factors for nocturia: analysis of a health screening program. Int J Urol, 2004, 11, 5, p. 282–287.